The sophisticated four-star Sun City Hotel, which is situated at Sun City’s casino, serves as the epicentre of the resort’s entertainment offerings.
Due to the fact that the Sun City Hotel and Casino was the very first hotel to be constructed when the resort was first opened, guests frequently refer to this establishment as the Main Hotel.
This Sun City accommodation establishment boasts a four-star rating and is ideally situated in the resort’s central business centre, making it a convenient location from which to access all of the resort’s activities and attractions.
There are many good reasons to choose the Sun City Hotel and Casino to stay at, rather than any of the other accommodation options at the resort:
- Staying in the rooms and suites of the Sun City Hotel brings you near the Sun City Casino and keeps you close to all the action.
- The hotel is situated on the edge of the world-famous Gary Player Golf Course and the 340 rooms all face the pool and lake.
- The accommodation at Sun City Hotel comprises 6 luxury suites, 2 presidential suites, 14 ground floor luxury rooms, 20 superior luxury rooms, 36 ground floor superior luxury family rooms, 53 superior luxury family rooms, 85 luxury family rooms, 120 luxury twin rooms, as well as 4 paraplegic suites.
- Your stay here is also convenient because there is a free shuttle service every 15 minutes that can take you to the Valley of Waves, the Entertainment Centre or any other activities within the resort.
- This Sun City accommodation is ideally suited for delegates attending conferences at the resort.
- Bookings for accommodation at the Sun City Hotel can be made securely online.
The types of accommodations that are offered at the Sun City hotel are sufficiently varied to meet any requirement that may be posed.
There are special accessible rooms, luxury twin rooms, luxury family rooms, superior luxury rooms, superior luxury family rooms, ground floor superior luxury rooms, ground floor superior luxury family rooms, luxury suites, and even a presidential suite available.
Standard Room Services that are available in all the rooms include the following:
- Free Wi-Fi
- An a la carte breakfast is available
- Guests get complimentary access to Valley of Waves
- An ironing and laundry service (at a surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (24 hours per day)
- Newspapers on request
- Turndown service
Standard Room Features include the following:
- Flat-screen TV
- Satellite channels
- Universal plug points (voltage 220/240V)
- Blackout curtains
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Lake and swimming pool views
Apart from convenient four-star accommodation, the following general hotel services are available at the Sun City Hotel:
- Free Wi-Fi
- A 24-hour reception desk
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Daily newspapers
- Free parking on-site
- Complimentary shuttle service in the resort
- Outdoor pool
- It is a non-smoking hotel but there are designated smoking areas throughout
- Interleading rooms are available
There is a diverse range of options available for conference settings within Sun City, including a selection of intimate conference rooms, outdoor venues, safari-inspired spaces, and other options.
The Sun City Convention Centre is located on the upper level of Sun Central and boasts a selection of boardrooms, breakaway spaces, state-of-the-art technology and dining facilities.
The Sun Park is a conference venue that is ideal for a wide variety of events that are held on a large scale because it enables individualised, lively, and interactive banqueting. Users of Sun Park can create a conference, exhibition, festival, or expo that is tailored to their specific requirements thanks to the venue’s modular design, which enables it to be transformed into any configuration that may be required.
Its state-of-the-art construction features state-of-the-art technology, ultra-modern amenities, flexible configurations and decor, and private venues.
The majority of venues offer stunning vistas, a variety of outdoor spaces, and private dining areas, and are cosy and inviting.
Sun City is renowned for its world-class facilities, which can be found in its numerous boardrooms and breakaway conference rooms. These rooms offer a one-of-a-kind setting in which to host a variety of events, including strategy and training sessions, workshops, and more.
Sun City has a long-standing reputation for playing host to some of South Africa’s most spectacular events. Some of the most famous names in entertainment, such as Elton John, Sarah Brightman, Queen, and Michael Bublé, have performed at events held in Sun City.
These events cover the entire spectrum of family entertainment, sporting events, and lifestyle activities.
At Sun City, there is always something to do, whether your interests lie in attending music concerts or beach parties, dancing to the hypnotic beats of South Africa’s hottest DJs, or taking the kids to the movies.
There are literally hundreds of different things to do in Sun City. Fun for the whole family, heart-pounding thrill rides, and everything in between can all be found in Sun City.
The top things to do in Sun City are:
- There are two world-class golf courses for people who like to play the game.
- There are a lot of exciting things to do for people who like to live on the edge.
- Sun City is great for families because it has so many fun things for kids to do.
- Spend the day at Sun City’s Valley of Waves’ man-made beach.
- The Maze of the Lost City is the biggest permanent maze in the southern half of the world.
- On a safari in the Pilanesberg Game Reserve, people can see the “Big 5.”
- The Sun City Casino has a huge number of slot machines and table games.
- You can go on the world’s fastest zip line, float above the Big 5 in a hot air balloon or spend a romantic night with your special someone.
The Welcome Centre is the place to visit for expert advice on the most popular attractions and best things to do in and around Sun City Resort.
Guests can experience the coolest entertainment under the sun at Sun Central.
For those who like exciting nightlife, Sun City’s new Sports Bar, Vibes and rocking nightclub, Encore situated inside Soho will give just that.
Sun City’s world-class water park, Valley of Waves, has a plethora of water slides and adrenaline-pumping activities.
The Maze of the Lost City is the largest permanent maze in the Southern Hemisphere and is designed to resemble an ancient archaeological discovery.
Sun City’s sports and fitness facilities provide the ideal balance of fitness, fun, and relaxation during your active vacation.
Visit the Royal Salon wellness spa or the Gary Player Health Spa during your Sun City vacation for all of your pampering and beauty needs.
From Kamp Kwena to Finders Keepers, there is a world of family entertainment and a huge selection of fun and educational kids’ activities.
Sun City shopping means that you can buy clothes, sweets and swimwear all without leaving the resort. There’s also a pharmacy and much more.
Sun City welcomes day visitors. There’s much to see, do and explore, from the sparkling Valley of Waves to The Maze of the Lost City.
For overnight guests, quoted rates can include:
- Luxury, central accommodation
- Flavourful breakfast
- Tourism levy
Payment for the first night’s stay is required to secure a reservation, which can be cancelled without penalty up to 48 hours before arrival.
If you cancel within 48 hours of your arrival date or do not show up, your deposit will be forfeited.
Peak season reservations have a seven-day cancellation policy. If you cancel within 7 days of your arrival date or do not show up, your deposit will be forfeited.
Peak season includes the Christmas and New Year’s holiday periods, as well as the Easter holiday periods.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can one visit Sun City as a day visitor?
Sun City welcomes day visitors. There’s much to see, do and explore, from the sparkling Valley of Waves to The Maze of the Lost City. Adults and children have to pay an entry fee when arriving at the Sun City Resort before getting to Valley of the Waves and other attractions.
Are there conference facilities at the Sun City Hotel?
Yes, the conference facilities at Sun City Hotel are perfect for diverse and large-scale events, since it allows for tailored, interactive and vibrant banqueting. Sun Park gives users the flexibility to design a conference, exhibition, festival or expo to suit their exact needs since its modular design allows for it to be transformed into any needed configuration.
Are Game Drives included in the quoted rates for Sun City Hotel?
No, the rate includes luxury, central accommodation, breakfast, VAT and a Tourism levy.
Can you see the Big 5 during a visit to the Sun City Hotel?
Yes, you can see the Big 5 if you take a game drive into the Pilanesberg National Park.
Is Sun City Hotel easily accessible?
Yes, the Sun City Hotel is located about 2 hours’ drive from Johannesburg.
Is Sun City Hotel child-friendly?
Yes, the Sun City Hotel has luxury family rooms as well as superior luxury family rooms and a variety of activities aimed at families and children.
Are there other activities than game drives to keep guests entertained?
Yes, several other activities including walking safaris, game drives, boma dinners, quad riding, spa treatments, golf and of course the famous Valley of Waves.